Are fears, worries and insecurities taking over your life? Does your mind constantly show you the worst case scenarios? Does worry get in the way of your optimal performance professionally, athletically, socially and / or academically? Does it feel like you can’t control anxiety and panic no matter how hard you try? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective? If this sounds like you, we're here to help. Our practice offers the most effective forms of evidence-based treatment, to address the root of anxiety and truly heal. When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy - as opposed to anxiety medication - treats more than just the symptoms. Therapy can help you get to the root of the issue.
Here are some symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help you to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, unburden the extreme thoughts, emotions, and sensations that go along with the anxiety, and develop new ways of addressing stressful situations. If you suffer from anxiety, we invite you to contact us today for a FREE 20 minute consultation with one of our anxiety specialists.