Anyone seeking healthier, closer family relationships can benefit from family therapy.
Common reasons for seeking family therapy include:
- Desire to relate more harmoniously and function more optimally as a “team”
- Parent-child conflict (including parents of adult children)
- Problems between siblings
- Loss of a family member
- Traumatic incident affecting the family
- Alcoholism or drug addiction
- Family business
Family therapy can help your family heal from past experiences, transform dysfunctional family patterns, establish healthy boundaries and promote effective communication.
Family therapy can help your family:
- Build empathy and understanding
- Improve the overall sense of harmony and cohesion
- Learn tools to communicate more effectively among family members
- Develop and implement strategies to establish and maintain healthy boundaries
- Navigate conflict with increasing ease, thus reducing family conflict
- Promote problem-solving through an understanding of family patterns and dynamics
Studies show that family therapy is particularly important for families with members who struggle with substance abuse, eating disorders and other behavioral issues. When the whole family grows, each member is better off.
And because we have a team of clinicians, one of our therapists can work with an individual family member while another therapist supports the family as a whole.
If you’re interested in learning about how the clinicians on our team can help members of your family communicate better, heal and/or reconnect, contact us today for a FREE consultation.