Supervisor: Jaclyn Long, MFT #47100
Location: Los Altos | Fee: $160
Modalities: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Internal Family Systems, Process Therapy, Trauma Informed
Specialities: Couples. Children, teens, adults and parents with stress, anxiety, OCD & depression.
Danielle specializes in supporting children, teens and adults with anxiety, OCD and depression at the Mindful Child & Family Therapy center, using Team CBT and mindfulness-based interventions. She also has a strong background in couples therapy, and she offers Emotionally Focused Therapy with an emphasis on somatic and mindfulness-based healing interactions between the couple during sessions. She empowers couples with Non-Violent Communication tools, helping partners to practice empathy / listening skills with each other. She is passionate about helping couples deepen their connection and improve communication. She also enjoys helping parents (both as individuals and as a couple) develop relationally-based parenting skills. Danielle is warm, kind, and skillful.
Danielle is trained as a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist (CBT) through the Feeling Good Institute using the TEAM CBT model. She also has an extensive background in teaching evidence-based mindfulness practices. She supports parents with mindful parenting tools and has facilitated Mindful Moms groups through Mind Body Moms at Google. Danielle also has experience working with children. She was trained to teach mindfulness through Mindful Schools, and she has been teaching mindfulness to children in elementary school in Los Gatos, San Jose, and Campbell. She is also a Certified Yoga Teacher and Certified Parent Educator in Positive Discipline. Danielle has a wealth of tools to offer, and enjoys working collaboratively with clients to find the most suitable and effective approach for each, unique individual.
You can email Danielle at: Danielle@MCAFT.com
Supervisor: Jaclyn Long, MFT #47100
- Counseling of individuals (child, teen, and adult) and couples in a private practice
- Counselor on Campus, local private and public elementary and middle schools
- Mindfulness group education and facilitation- grades pre-school through 6th- including full-school implementation of the Mindful Schools curriculum
- Mindfulness and Social and Emotional Learning, summer camp facilitation, elementary/middle school
- Yoga instruction (children and adults)
- Maternal Wellness Group facilitation- incorporating movement / yoga, expressive arts, and community building
- Parent Education, Group Trainer, incorporating Concepts of Positive Discipline, Mindfulness, and Design Thinking
- Classroom Assistance and Support, Positive Discipline school, preschool – 3rd grades
Previous technical experience:
- Biomedical Engineer – Sr R&D Engineer and Project Manager, > 15 years of experience in development of medical technologies, primarily at small venture-funded start-ups, including strategic and tactical project management, research and development, marketing, and clinical trainingidual.
MA, JFK University, Masters in Counseling Psychology with a Mind-Body / Holistic emphasis 2011-2017
BS, Biomedical Engineering with masters-level specialization in Human Factors, 1996-2000
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Teacher Training Level 1 (Brown University/ delivered in Mountain View, CA)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy, The 3-mInute breathing space, CE
- TEAM-CBT, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Level 4 – trainer ceritifcation in process
- TEAM-CBT, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Level 3 Certification (highest level of non-trainer / practitioner training)
- TEAM-CBT, for children and adolescents, 12-week course
- TEAM-CBT, multiple workshops, offering training and coaching to online participants, in treatment of Anxiety, Depression, Habits and Addictions, Relationships, Motivation, and Therapeutic Empathy
- Mindful Schools Certified Mindfulness Instructor
- Internal Family Systems, introductory (12 wks) and ongoing weekly training
- Process Therapy, 8 years training, including 2 years of mirror training at Process Therapy Institute
- Positive Discipline, Certified Parent Educator and Certified Classroom Educator
- Dance Movement Therapy
- Meditation, Stress, Compassion, and Willpower, Stanford University, CE Courses
- Yoga Teacher Training, 250 hours